In this episode, we spend some time with Vickie Sullivan, an expert turbulator and marketing strategist for thought leaders. She shares her tips and tricks to get your ideas out there in this chaotic environment. She’s smart, funny, and wise. Tune in to this savvy guide to the world of thought leadership and influence. Here are Vickie’s Top Ten Tips and Tricks for the New Thought Leadership:
- It’s all chaos right now, so plan accordingly and use emotional reminders and lead marketing with an experience so your customers/audience can focus on discovery.
- The new thought leadership combines expert knowledge with being an influencer – labels and definitions cut throught the white noise.
- Establish a role in the conversation by defining it for yourself. Are you the navigator, advocate, best friend, expert, connector?
- You need a signature voice, not just a presentaiton style. You need to be likeable, more relaxed, and human.
- Look to the periphery, don’t stick in one lane.
- Fight the fatigue, find ways to recompose and renew, take a break.
- Have an approach for failure, how do you respond when things go bad?
- Set milestones and benchmarks to assess the journey and course correctwhen necessary.
- Always ask, is this the new normal, before reacting to a trend.
- Be less of an expert and more of a collaborator, people love collaboration.
- Bonus: People also love DIY, so give them the recipe.
Sponsors of this episode, THANK YOU!
Without our sponsors, this podcast would not be possible. Many, many thanks to you all!